cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Planning

ajk_2
Advisor

Movement Planning

Hi all, I want to move my unix servers to another location. I am thinking of two choices:

1. Let HP company to do everything. (Movement, verifying servers after the movement, etc)

2. Let another vendor to do the movement, after that HP engineer comes and check servers, etc.

Would you all to give me more details of both choices, please? Thanks a lot!

Best Regards
ajk

4 REPLIES
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: Movement Planning

I would recommend using HP. They will be expensive, but to me the peace-of-mind is worth it. HP engineers will come into your operation, take the servers apart, get them ready to ship and then the movers (HP will subcontract a moving company) will come in, pack them, move them, get them into the new location and then HP will come in and put them back together.

I have used HP and had no problems whatsoever. The cost for picking up 2 machines on a Saturday morning, and delivering them and putting back together Sunday morning was about $15,000 (US dollars) I think.
Carlos Fernandez Riera
Honored Contributor

Hp will help you to planning, checking destination environment, and also, it will contract a insurance for your machines. A hardward enginier will be ready to solve any problem due to movement.

Then let your boss to decide if it is much money.
unsupported
Alexander M. Ermes
Honored Contributor

Hi there.
Just go for HP.
We took the offer from a cheap moving company.
They damaged our servers and we still wait for the money from the repairs.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Krishna Prasad
Trusted Contributor

I would use HP. I would also have them come to the new site and make sure you have the correct outlets and power requirements.
Positive Results requires Positive Thinking