Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Suppy rack atlanta

Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Power Suppy rack atlanta

Hello,

We have to ship an HP9000 rack from Belgium to Atlanta. Does somebody know which type of power cord (AWE3/AWE4) we have to add.
Is the voltage 110V or 220V in atlanta.

Thanks
3 REPLIES
Dave La Mar
Honored Contributor

Re: Power Suppy rack atlanta

Luk -
I think you will find both voltages available throughout the US.
The only problem we have encountered is the actual plug.
We have found the 220 twist lock
we use, seldom used in other countries. No big deal, we just replace the plug on the cord.

In the 110 arena, three prong/uground is very common.

Hope this helps. The receiver of the equipment should be able to verify their environment easy enough.

Best of Luck.
dl
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information."
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Start here:

http://www.hp.com/racksolutions/prodinfo/power_access/index.html

We use 208V 20amp service for our pdu's.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

As mentioned, both voltages are available throughout the U.S. However, 110 would typically be used in a rack that consumes less than 15 amps, and the standard consumer 3prong connector would be used. If the rack uses 15-20 amps, there is a special 3prong plug that has one flat blade turned sideways--but this assumes there is a corresponding wall socket for the plug at the Atlanta site.

For 220, there is a WIDE variety of choices here in Atlanta, and the choice is heavily dependent on the electrical regulations in the city or county where your equipment will be located. You best solution is to leave the connector off and let an electrician in Atlanta pick the right plug. When we host computers in our disaster recovery site here in Atlanta, we must replace the supplied connector in most cases.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin