cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Engineering Document Examples, if your a planner

generic_1
Respected Contributor

Server Engineering Document Examples, if your a planner

I am looking for good quality examples of Engineering documents that contain a picture of a superdome and maybee one of a smaller server, server partitions/ npars, Ip's/cards with good card cage layout, applications their versions and filesystems, sans allocation(which san/frame, how many luns, how many luns per vg), striping, special kernel requests, any any other good ideas.

The reason I ask this is I am looking to show an excellent template examples of how such planning should be done and documented on these projects.

Please try to choose ones that are easy to follow/eye friendly. If they have Check boxes to show milstones complete or creative modification fields thats a plus too. I'm trying to demonstrate this makes a process flow plan much easier to manage :), and perhaps less of those you mean you needed fiber situations, but why isnt my storage there situations LOL.

Please be picky with your examples.
Many Many thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Re: Server Engineering Document Examples, if your a planner

Jeff, if you've got an HP CSE assigned to your account - he/she is supposed to create something of this sort for you.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Hi,

If you use Visio, there is a place where you can download Visio stencils for HP hardware. I've used these stencils before and they are great.

http://www.visiocafe.com/hp.htm

JP
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Im looking for a the complete examples of the whole plan, not what hp just shipped. That show the apps and filesystems, san version, kernels, ect.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

I am looking for template examples. We have to many problems where a server arrives and I dont have kernel, patches, power, fibers, placement, which san, how many luns, how many luns, what circuits, what aps, their filesystms and versions.

If you dont have an engineer keeping track of this on an engineering document its a number of requests in anarchy which makes it hard to track requests and easy to forget to request one that can hold up your project. Those of you who support big shops I am sure understand my pain :).

PS I dont have gold support :), or a onsite HP folk, but nice suggestion.

I am really looking for engineering document examples though.
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Anyone out there have examples?
TwoProc
Honored Contributor

Jeff, while I have those (and I bet many others do) - I'm pretty sure I don't want complete drawings of systems, software, connectivity, resources, hardware, etc. on the internet. So, while I think your idea of looking over others ways of doing this planning and adapting it is solid, I don't rightly know how you're going to be able to get it.
Sorry guy, I feel badly about, and really wish I could help.
We are the people our parents warned us about --Jimmy Buffett
generic_1
Respected Contributor

Does anyone have any template exampled with blanks that are nice. Generic. Please leave out hostnames and identifialble info.