Planning
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Vpar cpu and memory configuration on integrity superdome

Frequent Advisor

Vpar cpu and memory configuration on integrity superdome

I am planning to load 3 vpars on a 4 cell npar on my sx1000 superdome. I am forced to use cells 0,2,5,7. I have I/O connected to cells 0 and 5. I will also be using Global Work Load Manager.

All cells currently have 32Gb of memory and I have 32Gb on the shelf that I need to add somewhere because I need a total of 160Gb for my 3 vpars.

My 3 vpars need the following:

vpar0
64Gb of memory, minimum 2 max 6 cpu's and all it's I/O is off of cell 0

vpar1
64 Gb of memory, minimum 2 max 3 cpu's and I/O mixed between cell 0 and cell 5.

vpar1
32 Gb of memory, minimum 2 max 3 cpu's and I/O all but one from cell 5.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to configure this for the best performance. I realize I have to go across the crossbar. Would utilizing CLM help?
Vpar 0 and 2 are more important than vpar1.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
4 REPLIES
Advisor

Re: Vpar cpu and memory configuration on integrity superdome

hi,

You have a configuration of vpar that take a lot of memory.
so you need when you create your first vpar to initialize enough ilm and clm memory .
In your case put ilm>=1024 and clm>=1024

A goog value for ilm and clm => 2048

then npar has the amount of memory to load all the vpar . You have to set memory size as a multiple of ilm

example:

vparcreate -p vpar_name -a io:0/0/0 -a io:0/1/0

When you create the other vpar, you don't need to set ilm and clm parameters

I hope my explanation will help you: refer to vpar documentation (step memory) for further information

Best regards

Jean-Louis
-a io:0/0/0.1.0.4:BOOT -a ilm:1024:y -a clm:y -a mem:61440 -a cpu:....
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. Do you know if Global Workload Manager lets you specify which cpu's to add to a particular vpar?

Thanks,

Bob
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthor C Clark
Honored Contributor

Do you know if Global Workload Manager lets you specify which cpu's to add to a particular vpar?

=====================

Nope. It is automatically assigns within whole Npar with available CPUs in the pool.

You can specify bound/unbound so that each vpar can stick to it.
Frequent Advisor

Thanks. I was hoping I could specify which cpu's workload manager added. That way I could specify cpu"s on the same cell and utilize CLM to for maximum performance. Thanks,

Bob
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event