Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware failure alert

SOLVED
Go to solution

hardware failure alert

hi

do anyone of you have any scripts that check the hardware's health and if there is a failure , then an email to be sent out?

Please help , i need this urgently.

Regards
Joyce
5 REPLIES
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hardware failure alert

Dave Hutton
Honored Contributor

Its not a custom script, but Online Diags will send EMS errors to the root mail box (I think its custimizable though) if it notices a hardware issue. It also logs an entry to the syslog.

I'm assuming its urgent because you think you have a hardware issue now?

Dave
Kent Ostby
Honored Contributor

Joyce -- are you seeing error messages in the syslog.log files or dmesg that might indicate what is wrong ?

"Well, actually, she is a rocket scientist" -- Steve Martin in "Roxanne"
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

Check EMS. It is just for this.

If you want scripts, you can put those, which will check hardware periodically and report. But EMS is what you should use.
There is no substitute to HARDWORK

Hi All,

Thanks alot for the help, what happended was that yesterday one of the MC Service Guarded server went down, all the package managed to be switched, but the server which has hardware failure was not able to be pinged, thus cannot get into the login prompt. We have the NMS running,which instead of showing red, showed green, none of the SA knew of the prob until the users complained, so i am trying to get some more tools to monitor the health of the hardware.

The EMS and the STM is installed, please help as to how i can get all these alerts sent out to someone , instead of the root of the server

Thanks

regards
Joyce