Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

hpux migration from 11.11 to 11.23

Occasional Contributor

hpux migration from 11.11 to 11.23

Hello everybody, I will migrate an hpux 11i v1 to hpux 11i v2 in rp4440 server.. my question is where can I find a procedure for make this? is with a patches, or is with a special media or what?.. my server also contains an oracle database?.. where can I see a compatibility table for firmware, software an all support in this scenary?

Thank you,
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Re: hpux migration from 11.11 to 11.23

Start here:

HP-UX 11i v2 Installation and Update Guide: HP Integrity Servers and HP 9000 Servers
PDF version -

You will need to order the HP-UX 11iv2 media for your server, assuming you have a software support contract. The install guide above should answer your questions concerning firmware and HP-UX software.

You also need to verify with Oracle that the version of the DB you are running is supported. At a minimum, you will need to relink Oracle after you have updated to HP-UX 11iV2.
Honored Contributor [Founder]

Re: hpux migration from 11.11 to 11.23

Adding to that, here is the firmware information you may want to zoom into

If you plan to install or update HP-UX 11i v2 (B.11.23) from an HP-UX 11i v1 (B.11.11) PA-RISC system, HP recommends you update the firmware on your system first.

For a matrix of system firmware for I/O adapters with HP-UX 11i v2 (B.11.23) boot support, as well as the minimum firmware requirements for HP-UX 11i v2, refer to the documents at

Problem never ends, you must know how to fix it