Search instead for 
Do you mean 

performance/planning software

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Frequent Advisor

performance/planning software

Hello Experts,
I realize this is a HP forum, but I am looking for expert opinions on the available Performance, Planning, Storage Management (SHARK and Nike 20 and 30), and Help Desk software. We are a SCO, HP, and AIX Unix shop, as well as, Citrix and Windows NT. I am particularly interested in your opinions regarding CA, BMC, Tivoli and HP. But please feel free to tell me about any product that you feel warrants your recommendation.

I appreciate any information you can provide. I respect your opinions.

Clara
Take time to smell the roses.
6 REPLIES
Outstanding Contributor

Re: performance/planning software

Clara,

We went through a similar process some years ago and ended up with HP GlancePlus. We did not look at BMC but elminated CA after a really bad experience just trying to get Unicenter to work at all (I think we were basically a Beta site for them) and Tivoli was just too expensive.

Hope this helps,
Pete

Pete
Respected Contributor

If you are considering Shark, you should also consider Hitachi. Shark was the original, and Hitachi has surpassed it in performance. HP markets the Hitachi product under the HP label.

Tom
Carpe diem!
Honored Contributor

We use GlancePlus/MeasureWare. We use BMC's Best One product on the mainframe, but feel it is too expensive for our 250+ Unix servers and 450+ NT Servers.

Using the MeasreWare performance alerts is also a plus.

HTH
Marty
Frequent Advisor

The shark is being set up as we speak. We recently brought in two IBM 670's and six 660's as well as the shark, and the tape storage. So there is no going back.

Clara
Take time to smell the roses.
Honored Contributor

hello,

I would try getting Tivoli, but the best bet will be HP's GlancePlus. This tool have a lot of funstions which you are looking for and on a better price. you can also try getting the 'prfview' software.

gl,
learn unix ..
Respected Contributor

MeasureWare/PerfView are good tools.

You might want to look at AdminUX (www.adminux.com). Runs on multiple Unix platforms, written by a Unix sys admin.
Carpe diem!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event