5022 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3.6.2 and SQL 2008 R2

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chad Mitchell

Unfortunately SQL2008 R2 is not supported on 3.6.2 or any of the 4.x releases. There are no plans at this point to support this version of SQL on the Polyserve platform.

Chad Mitchell
Support Engineer
jason hopper

Unfortunately, HP does not appear to be very forthcoming about the roadmap for Polyserve.

If you try searching for Polyserve on the net, you do not find much of significance regarding the product post 2007.

What is going on with this product? The company I work for was promised an enterprise platform that could consolidate and scale SQL Server. We have major infrastructure supported by Polyserve, with much more planned.

Can anyone (from HP) please explain what is going on with the product? Seems to me it is being swept under a rug.

I have had several cases where support incident numbers have been ignored... even when I have followed up on them and promised information. One of my case numbers just came across as "closed" the other day. I was never given support regarding the case.

Please tell me what is going on here?

If Polyserve is not to support future SQL Server versions (including 2008 R2), then have we been sold a dead product?

Regards,

Jason

jason hopper

Also, can someone please explain to me what happened to the upgrade components for 4.1 in the download area? I was sent a notice weeks ago that the upgrade was available, but I have no such upgrade files available to my account.

Regards,

Jason
Chad Mitchell

Jason,

Due to an issue with the licensing component in 4.1 they had to temporarily remove the software from ITRC. Engineering believes that they will have this fixed and made available by the end of December.

I have also emailed the support organization regarding your issues around reaching support asking them to reach out to you.

Chad Mitchell
Support Engineering
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Even if I knew, I cannot comment on future versions of products and what features they will be in them as well as long term roadmaps.

Under a non-disclosure agreement certain HP representatives can provide some or all of this information.

Sorry
DonFerguson
Advisor

"Unfortunately SQL2008 R2 is not supported on 3.6.2 or any of the 4.x releases. There are no plans at this point to support this version of SQL on the Polyserve platform.

Chad Mitchell
Support Engineer "

Chad, although this is very bad news for the PolyServe SQL Server customer base, I appreciate you providing a straight answer to this question. I hope this is not a permanent position. As I see it, not supporting the most current or future SQL Server versions, means that the product dies well before 2013. If HP is killing future development of the product, we will be locked to SQL 2008 until we can migrate to a product similar to PolyServe.

VM solutions aside, can anyone in the PolyServe community recommend a SQL Server instance virtualization solution similar to PolyServe? One that allows shared read/write access to the same physical volumes with cluster fail-over capability. Don't get me wrong, I prefer PolyServe, but if this product is dying, I need to find a future alternative.
jason hopper

Chad,

Thanks for the information. I have read on several occasions that other people that were able to download 4.1 reported the documentation stated 4.1 would be the last release/upgrade for Polyserve. Can you at least validate this is true or untrue?
KoenV

I recently contacted our belgian Account Manager, and he confirms that the polyserve software is discontinued. So we are stuck with the SQL 2008 version. We haven't had any workaround for the  R2 "problem". I am very disappointed in HP, both in their communication AND in their product.

I'm now looking for non-HP alternatives to replace the polyserve system with.