1748259 Members
3650 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Polyserve 4.0 SQL install issue

Robert Komarek

Polyserve 4.0 SQL install issue

Hi all,
Just recently upgraded our development environment to Server 2008 and Polyserve 4.0. We are now unable to create any new instances and get the following errors when opening up the MNI.
Error: Getting Base Product Versions. Could not retrieve Base information. Error:

and

Getting User Accounts
17000 Generic error

Anyone have any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

Re: Polyserve 4.0 SQL install issue

did you follow the upgrade guide and upgrade .net and powershell

Did you upgrade from 3.6.2 or 3.6.1 ?
Robert Komarek

The upgrade was from 3.6.1. We have .net framework 3.0 and Powershell v2 installed on the nodes. We followed the upgrade steps as outlined in the upgrade guide.
Robert Komarek

Found the cause.. The DNS team had forgot to set a couple of our DNS entries as static so they got attached to the server name in DNS, which caused an authenication error for the MNI.
Charlotte Bentley
Occasional Advisor

Just to share my experience: I have been getting these errors intermittently on a new PS 4.0 installation. I've been doing a lot of instance installing, parameter changing, and rebooting. It seems these generic errors will occur for several minutes after reboot and then resolve themselves.
Charlotte Bentley
Occasional Advisor

P.S. Sorry, after experiencing the error several more times, I have concluded it is not tied to reboot nor restarting SQL Server Browser service. It just comes and goes with no predictability that I can detect.

I found a file named mssql_mni_cgi.exe.log:
MNI Launching
Initializing MXDS
Starting C:\{Program Files\PolyServe\MatrixServer\tools\mxdstool.exe cat \"/mni/mxconfiguration\"
ExitCode 9020
Charlotte Bentley
Occasional Advisor

One more time. I got fed up and opened a case with support. This is a known bug. Watch for release 4.1. It was once targeted for end of Oct, but we're almost there now.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

4.1 is out.. See documentation

www.hp.com/go/polyserve
select support on right side
Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Everyone,

Bumping this as I have just upgraded to 4.1 and I am getting this problem at random times. Its getting a little hard to explain to my boss why I keep responding 'I don't know' to the question 'How long does it take to provision a sql server?'

Is this the first instance of bipolar software?

Any help would be appreciated

Chris
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Chris: Any help would be appreciated

Have you or your boss contacted HP Support?