1748250 Members
3315 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Polyserve??

Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Polyserve??

Has this been dropped by HP? I can't renew my support contract, any HP phone number I ring nobody seems to know anything about it and I can't see any support for SQL 2008R2. Our 3rd party provider is having no luck either.

I have 3 large upcoming projects based on this software and I would really like speak to someone at HP before we start spending money.

Chris
8 REPLIES 8
Dan Tyndale
Advisor

Not certain about your contract or anything, however our HP PolyServe support team is here as always - Please call 800-633-3600, say "PolyServe"
DonFerguson
Advisor

I just saw a notice in the 4.1 release that this is the final release of the software, no further enhancements will be made, and support will end for the product in 2013.

HP, am I understanding this correctly? Are you really dropping PolyServe?
Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Don,

Were did you get the release notes for 4.1. I haven't been able to find anything for 4.1.

Cheers
Chris
fishmn
Regular Advisor

Very interesting. Being a fellow Polyserve customer I feel much like a mushroom.. kept in the dark and fed BS.. although very little of that since we hear almost nothing and have to poke and prod HP to provide info on 4.1 release dates/notes.

Sounds like HP needs to come clean with its customer base and tell us what the grand plan is!
Kevin_Paul
HPE Pro

Chris,

The NAS team asked me to post the following response to your inquiry.

Thanks,
Kevin

The SKU referenced in this end-of-life entry (T5392AA) on the web-site was retired earlier this year and replaced by a new SKU (T5392BA). The PolyServe software products are still available for purchase and very much supported by HP. We apologize for any confusion this has caused our customers.

Sincerely,
HP NAS Team
HP StorageWorks Division
I work for HPE.
Chris Webster_1
Occasional Advisor

We have sorted our licensing and support issues now. Not easy I can tll you

I have now been informed by pre-sales version 4.1 is forthcoming (the pdf's are on the site) with support upto Windows 2008 R2 for the OS but NO support for SQL Server 2008 R2!!!!

How can you possibly release software for SQL Server consolidation without providing support for the latest version of SQL Server?

Chris
Damian Yenzi

Could someone at HP please at least provide an end of life or end of support matrix on the various versions of Polyserve for MS SQL Server? What support will be provided until what date. I cannot find anything on your website.

Thank you
BHAndrew Smith

Can I also chime in with a request for a support matrix from HP? Will this be supported on SQL 2008 R2 (and beyond)?