Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

modem on e3000

Occasional Advisor

modem on e3000

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I would like to connect a modem on a e3000 model A400 with MPE-XL C.70.01.

Do you I have some informations to do that ?
Which cable and configuration ?

Thanks in advance

Herve

P.S. This thread has been moved from MPE/iX > Printers/Spooler Management to Predictive/Modems - HP Forums Moderator

3 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: modem on e3000

Hello Herve,

If you connect your modem to a 25-pin DTC port, you can use the 40233A cable and (almost) any modem. If you want to connect a modem to the remote access port on the back of the A400, then you must use the HP Support Link modem (MT56) part number 0960-1074 (includes modem, power-supply, and cable).
A problem well defined is half solved.
Occasional Advisor

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your answer.

When you speak about the remote access port, do you mean the connector with 3 cables, one for the console and an other one with "remote" writen on it. Can you connect a standard modem on this cable without using the support link modem (MT56)?

I have a DTC with RJ45 connector, perhaps I can connect a modem with a special cable I have to create ?

Herve
Honored Contributor

Hello Herve,

Yes, that is the port, but you should connect only a HP Support-Link modem to it. If you have a hardware support agreement with HP, then we will give you the modem without charge.

If you want to use a DTC port, then you must use a 25-pin port. The RJ-45 ports do not generate modem signals. DTC16 and DTC72 models use a Modem Distribution Panel (MDP) to connect to a modem. To connect a modem to a MDP, you must use cable 40233A.
A problem well defined is half solved.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event