1753745 Members
5124 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Cannot remove 'ipv6 access-list'

Ryan Engstrom
Occasional Contributor

Cannot remove 'ipv6 access-list'

I have a 5412zl.  There is an 'ipv6 access-list <identifier>' entry followed by an 'exit' that I cannot remove.  According to ProCurve documentation, typing 'no ipv6 access-list <identifier>' into the conf t prompt should remove this entry.  When I do this, I get no errors, but a 'sh run' reveals the entry is still there.  Why can I not remove this entry?

2 REPLIES 2
paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cannot remove 'ipv6 access-list'

Out of curiosity, was the access list assigned to an interface when you tried to remove it?

I ran across a rather obscure bug once where i couldn't delete an (IPv4) access list and couldn't re-create one with the same id until i created a temporary access list, and assigned that to the interface which had previously used the original access list. I then removed the temporary access list from the interface, removed it from the configuration, and was able to remove the original access list.

I put it down to a pointer-tracking issue somewhere in the access list deletion code, but never got around to reporting it, because i couldn't be bothered reproducing it.
Regards,
Paul
nimakidu
Occasional Visitor

Re: Cannot remove 'ipv6 access-list'

Hi Ryan

I now, years ago, but we have the same problem today!
Old ipv6 access-list on HP procurve 5412zl and no chance to delete this ipv6 access-list. The access-list is not applied to any vlan or port, but the "show access-list" command says the opposite.

How did you fix the problem?

thanks in advance for your feedback