4992 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clear password in Procurve 2650

latchum
Advisor

Clear password in Procurve 2650

Hi All,

I have a Procurve switch 2650, I am unable to get login to this switch as unfortunately dont have the configured user name & password.

I found in the forum that if we press the clear button (which will be in front of the switch) for 1 or 2 secs then the password is gone. Is it the right way? and I hope it will not touch the switch configuration.

After that will it get login without user and passowrd? if so after then we can configure a local user or radius.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards,
Latchum Naidu.
4 REPLIES 4
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

YES
pressing the clear for 2 secs will just remover the password and will not affect your configuration and you will be able to access the switch to do whatever you want
latchum
Advisor

Thank you very much for your confirm on this.
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

Quick note, that feature can be optionally disabled, and also modified to perform a switch reset of the "clear' button is pressed.

To see how those settings are set, if logged into the switch manually, do a 'show front-panel-security'.

btw, the settings of the above commands are not in the config file, but rather saved in a different part of NVRAM.

If the clear button feature has been disabled, the other 2 choices (or one at most depending again on how security is configured) is either a factory reset, or call ProCurve techspt for a special way in.

hth...Jeff
kites182
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jeff!!