Aruba & ProVision-based
1753833 Members
8397 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dynamic LACP, VLANs and GVRP (E54XX to Virtual Connect)

SOLVED
Go to solution
BL460C
Advisor

Dynamic LACP, VLANs and GVRP (E54XX to Virtual Connect)

Hi,

I have a question regarding Dynamic LACP

I know that Dynamic LACP forms on the Default VLAN by default, unless you Forbid, and force it to form on another VLAN

I want to be able to use a Dynamic LACP eg Dyn1 as a Trunk carrying all VLANs to HP Virtual Connect - Is this possible?

I have GVRP turned on.

I will provide some examples. (in all the examples VLAN 1 and VLAN 10 are configured in the switches)

EXAMPLE 1

I have a E5412 connected to a E5406 via 4 Fibre Cables.

All 4 ports on the E5412 are LACP Active.

All 4 ports on the E5406 are LACP Passive.

I can see a Dyn1 formed, and works fine, VLANs pass across this no worries I can talk on VLAN 1 and VLAN 10 ( I assume GVRP is doing this? )

EXAMPLE 2

I have a E5412 connected to HP Virtual Connect Flex Fabric using 4 cables (In a C7000 Blade Enclosure)

2 Cables to Virtual Connect Module A - I can see Dyn2 Formed in the Switch - VC Reports Active/Active

2 Cables to Virtual Connect Module B - I can see Dyn3 Formed in the Switch - VC Reports Active/Active

I have ESXi Installed on a Blade, Virtual Machines can talk fine on untagged defautl vlan

I have adde a Virtual Machine Port Group on VLAN 10, added nic to VM on this VLAN, cannot talk to anything on VLAN 10

Virtual Connect is set for VLAN tunnelling, and I know this works as when I go to 1 single cable (switch to VC) only and set it as a standard port (non lacp) I can talk on all VLANs as I should be able to.

QUESTIONS

• So, can I get all the VLANs to pass over a Dynamic LACP link when connect to Virtual Connect?

• Am I forced to use Passive LACP, then set which VLANs I want as "Tagged"

1 REPLY 1
BL460C
Advisor
Solution

Re: Dynamic LACP, VLANs and GVRP (E54XX to Virtual Connect)

Answer

Use Passive LACP on switch side as VC is an Active LACP Device