Aruba & ProVision-based
1753490 Members
4998 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 2530-48G-PoEP Lost connection to multiple devices on port....

Edgar_Mendoza
Occasional Visitor

HP 2530-48G-PoEP

Hi everybody 

I have a switch HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch (J9772A), but not sure what happends with this, I have the port 48 in mode trunk and in alert log show lost connection to multiple devices, let me comment that it is conneted to a FW Fortigate FG80C, but not only have the problem with this specific port, it's the same like port 1 that is connecte to my AD server, I have created 4 VLAN, in summary, in some time of the day missing the connection of internet or file server and when I verify the switch appear this message.

Some vary else know how to solved this problme, the version that have is YA.16.02.0014, ROM YA.15.19

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 2530-48G-PoEP

Edgar_Mendoza wrote: ...in some time of the day missing the connection of internet or file server and when I verify the switch appear this message.

What is "this" message? you probably forgot to post it.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Edgar_Mendoza
Occasional Visitor

Hello

The problem that I have is that on several time the users comment me that not have acces to yours unit network, missing internet connection or Wifi connection, when I go to verify Switch HP appear in the alert log that "Lost connection to multiple devies on port XXX", I have seen in other forum that changing the speed of port by FDX could solved the problem but for me does not work.

Just to comment the speed of my FG80C is 100 MB and the Switch as you know is 1000

parnassus
Honored Contributor

If I were you I would double check network cabling end-to-end (Was it Cat.5E/Cat.6 certified? used Patch Cords are Cat.5E/Cat.6 certified?) to ensure it isn't the culprit then I would also set/verify that each ends (for each hosts NIC port and for your Fortigate 80C gateway LAN port on one side and for all switch involved ports on the other side) performs auto-negotiation of port speed (so Auto) with Full-Duplex mode left active (it should be the default): that way the resulting negotiaded port speed should be - for each port - the most correct and stable achievable by your hosts in your network.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner