1752805 Members
5592 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 5400R Inconsistent value. upgrade to KB.16.01.0006

Spencerportcsd
Frequent Visitor

HP 5400R Inconsistent value. upgrade to KB.16.01.0006

After upgrading from KB.15.18.0007 to KB.16.01.0006 some of my interfaces and trunks were removed from tagged or untagged on vlans in the configuration.  When I go to add them back I receive an error message "Inconsistent value."

Example:

Before

vlan 100
   name "Servers"
   tagged A1-A2,Trk5
   untagged B1

After

vlan 100
   name "Servers"
   tagged A1-A2
   untagged B1

The I try configure terminal

(vlan-100)# tag Trk5
Trk5: Inconsistent value.

or

(eth-A3)# tag vlan 100
100: Inconsistent value.

5 REPLIES 5
Craig Kramer
Advisor

I encountered the exact same problem, there must definitely be a bug when upgrading from KB.15 to KB.16.  The only solution I came up with was to re-copy the startup-config file to the switch and reboot.

copy tftp startup-config xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx <filename>

copy usb startup-config <filename>

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

Hello.  Could either of you attach your pre-upgrade (KB.15.xx) config or send me in a private message?  Also if you could include your upgrade steps that would be very helpful.  For example, running KB.15.xx in primary, loaded KB.16.xx in secondary, did a "boot system flash secondary", etc.

After the fact the best thing to do is reload the config on KB.16.xx as Craig mentioned.

Thank you.  

Spencerportcsd
Frequent Visitor

I did try to reboot back into KB.15.18.0007 adn I still had the issue.  I removed arp-protect on the primary vlan (I also reset the primary vlan to another vlan) and then I was fine.  I was able to put back the arp-protect on the vlan and it was still fine, so I am not exactly sure why that would have fixed it.

Craig Kramer
Advisor

In my case the switches were running KB.15.18.0006.  The pair are configured with Switch-Interconnect and I'm using distributed trunking. I copied KB.16.01.0004 to primary flash.  Then ran the commands.

boot set-default flash primary

reload at hh:mm mm/dd

The next morning after the reboot all of the VLANs that were untagged/tagged on the distributed trunks on copper ports were stripped off and could not be added back to the configuration. VLANs that were untagged/tagged on fiber ports on  distributed trunks remained in the configuration

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Was this issue solved with the latest ArubaOS-Switch KB.16.01.0007 version (31/05/2016)?

Among the fixed issues listed in the relevant Release Notes (here) I see that the CR_0000190804 looks quite similar (even if no relationships with ISC, Fiber Optics ports and VLANs were expressly cited):

Distributed Trunking CR_0000190804

Symptom: Network connectivity or traffic loss is observed in a Distributed Trunking (DT) configuration.

Scenario: When a Distributed Trunking switch member is rejoining the distributed topology following a reboot, the topology might experience traffic loss and connectivity issues to downstream the trunks.

Workaround: Before reboot, disable the switch interfaces configured as dt-lacp/dt-trunks using the CLI command interface <PORT-LIST> disable and re-enable them after the switch reboot with the CLI command interface <PORT-LIST> enable.

Example:

(config)#: interface <PORT-LIST> disable
(config)#: write memory
(config)#: boot system
(config)#: interface <PORT-LIST> enable

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner