108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Hp 2848 Lacp Quad nic

rhys24
Occasional Contributor

Hp 2848 Lacp Quad nic

Hi 

Having an issue. 

Have my team setup on the server quad intel card, paired to staic link aggergation. Then on the switch setup the trunk and set it to lacp. 

Now when I transfer a file from one computer it max's out one port on the servers network card. If I then go to another computer and copy a file accross is halfs the speed, it doesn't use any of the other 3 ports to send data through?

I've setup the team using intels teaming and also windows server 2012 network teaming. 

any ideas on why only 1 port is being used? 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: Hp 2848 Lacp Quad nic

Hi,

The older and lower E-Series switches share the traffic on a trunk based on layer 2 conversations only. Every frame that has the same pair of source MAC and destination MAC is belongs to the same conversation. The switch will forward the frames that belong to the same conversation always via the same physical port in the trunk. That means that you can have load balancing and high utilization of the trunk only when there are multiple layer 2 conversations going through the switch.

Not sure whether this applies 100% to this symptoms, but it may be an explenation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo