Aruba & ProVision-based
1753529 Members
5031 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

LACP Trunk Across Ports on Stacked 2920s?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Skaffen
Occasional Advisor

LACP Trunk Across Ports on Stacked 2920s?

Hi

Can you create an LACP trunk across two ports on different switches in a stack of 2920s?

For example, to create a trunk across the 10Gb fiber modules in two 2920 stack members I enter: 

trunk 1/b1,2/b1 trk6 lacp

However sho lacp on the 2920 stack lists the 2/b1 port as down.

2/B1    Active    Trk6      Down

On the core 5412R on the other end of the fibers, sho lacp indicates spanning tree blocking one of the two fiber ports in the trunk:

B1      Active    Trk6      Up

C1      Active    Trk6      Blocked  

If I pull B1 then C1 becomes active, so it's definitely spanning tree doing this.

Is this by design, or am I doing something boneheaded?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: LACP Trunk Across Ports on Stacked 2920s?

Was LACP Port Trunking set to Active at least on one end of the link (Are you using - TrkX - Static LACP instead of - DynX - Dynamic LACP?)?

What exactly is the output of show lacp command on the Aruba 2920 Stack and on the 5400R zl2?

What exactly is the output of show spanning-tree command on the Aruba 2920 Stack and on the 5400R zl2?

What is the output of show stacking when issued on Commander of backplane stacked Aruba 2920 switches?

What's about providing (a) Firmware versions and specific (b) Trunks (and member ports) configurations on both ends?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
Skaffen
Occasional Advisor

I managed to figure it out. Auto admin edge port is anabled by default, and this was causing the issue.

Thank you for your reply - it got me looking in the right place. I posted my question at the end of a somewhat long and frustrating day, and wasn't approaching the problem logically. Your post and a good night's sleep made all the difference!

parnassus
Honored Contributor

That's great. Glad you fix it!

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner