4567 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve 2910al port isolation

wbhewlett
Occasional Visitor

Procurve 2910al port isolation

Dear friends,

I am trying to find out if it is possible to configure port isolation on Procurve 2910al switches. But till now i have not found any document that explains how to do that.
Maybe it isn't supported at all on these switches? Any idea to addresss this problem would be very helpful from you.

Regards,
wbhewlett
2 REPLIES 2
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Are you referring to Port Isolation (protected/unprotected ports) feature or Private VLAN(s) (PVLAN) feature?

Hard to say...does your HP ProCurve 2910 accept a CLI command like protected-ports?

If so...Port Isolation through protected/unprotected ports can be defined...otherwise I fear you've very few other options...if none at all, if also Private VLAN(s) feature isn't available (even if your Switch is running the very latest W.15.14.0015 software version) and other methods aren't available.

Edit: found (reading this old HP ProCurve Edge Switch Selection Guide of 2010) is suggested that Port Isolation (protected port(s)) can be obtained through source port filtering method [*]...so you have a way after all.

[*] Start from here (source-port filter) and consult the relevant ASG (probably here) for your Switch series.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
wbhewlett
Occasional Visitor

Are private user VLANs unsupported by my switches? Source port filtering breaks my management VLAN.