Aruba & ProVision-based
1753891 Members
7651 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Procurve 5412zl (J8726A) Fails to boot after Firmware uprgade to K14_58m

Trumanp

Procurve 5412zl (J8726A) Fails to boot after Firmware uprgade to K14_58m

So, I was following the release notes, and specficially the best practices step by step from the support site for some Procurve switches I recently acquired from a surplus sale.  I had no problems taking them from an early K12 series firmware to K_13_68. the bootrom was higher than the release notes said it needed to be.

After updating the flash, in the console mode it shows that the bootrom needs to be upgraded, it completes that proces then after that it stops at the initial boot prompt with IS2S0123 showing and locks solid. I have a bad feeling I may have bricked to management modules at this point, but not sure if there is any way to recover these units.

Thhe units have had all modules removed, reseated both the ram, and compact flash cards on the management modules, reseated the management modules in the chasis as well. I'm at somewhat of a loss at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

Re: Procurve 5412zl (J8726A) Fails to boot after Firmware uprgade to K14_58m

Hello.  Does it try and upgrade the bootrom every time you boot up?  If so you might try a different build and have that do the ROM upgrade.  If you successfully did the ROM upgrade via K.13.68 (BootROM K.12.17 or newer) you should be able to jump into K.15. xx.  If that doesn't work you might be able to xmodem the ROM directly.

"IS2S0123" means the system has passed boot and memory validation and is about to load the ROM.  So if that's all you get on a boot or power up you are probably toast...