1748224 Members
4472 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

SNMP and VLAN settings absent in web GUI

sosi
Occasional Visitor

SNMP and VLAN settings absent in web GUI

Although properly configured and working, the switch web interface sections System-SNMP and VLAN-VLAN Mgmt were empty. The web GUI worked fine, except the 10 VLANs defined simply did not show up not did any SNMP settings. In addition, both the CLI and web interface seemed sluggish.

I then noticed the switch configuration had two "conflicting" statements:

no web-management

web-management ssl

I removed the former with the configuration command "web-management", so only web-management ssl remained. That immediately fixed the web interface problems so that both SNMP and VLAN settings were properly seen.

Don't know if this has been reported before, but I'd guess this is unwanted behavior. The switch is a 5412zl, E5412zl(J8698A) running K.15.06.0008, ROM K.15.19. 

2 REPLIES 2
sosi
Occasional Visitor

Re: SNMP and VLAN settings absent in web GUI

OK, apparently "web-management" is the same as "web-management plaintext", so my solution just turned on HTTP access. The SNMP and VLAN details show up fine under HTTP but NOT under HTTPS. Anyone know why that might be? I would prefer turning off HTTP, but then (as it stands now) I can't manage VLANs within a browser with HTTPS access. Odd that I can manage switchports but not VLANs.......

sosi
Occasional Visitor

Re: SNMP and VLAN settings absent in web GUI

I reverted back to K_15_04_0007 and now VLANs and SNMP work when accessing the interface with HTTPS. Either there is a bug in K_15_06_0008 or there is some additional configuration required now that I am unaware of.