1752801 Members
5926 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Super slow 1810-24G

AlexGray
Occasional Visitor

Super slow 1810-24G

I have a ProCurve 1810-24G (J9803A) that has suddenly become super slow, even if just handling two devices, or one PC talking to its web interface.

When I say 'super slow' I'm not talking about dropping to a few Mb/s - it is down to speeds of the order of 10-100 bits/s. The panel image of the switch on its web admin page takes at least 3 minutes to load from fresh, or the brower times out before it manages to load.

I have tried resetting to factory defaults and numerous reboots, with no effect. 

The system description is currently: HP 1810-24G, PL.1.5, eCos-3.0, 1_12_8-customized-h

I thought I would try uploading fresh firmware, PL.2.08, but the operation always times out before uploading even 3% of the firmware image.

All diagnostic lights and reboot time are normal.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
16again
Respected Contributor

Re: Super slow 1810-24G

Are the rest of the network ports still connected?
A broadcast storm might cause super slowness.   I'd unplug all , except the management PC port

AlexGray
Occasional Visitor

No, it happens with just one port connected, even talking to the internal web pages it is impossibly slow.

When it is on the network other hosts and switches work just fine, and the traffic lights aren't showing any unusual behaviour.

Alex

TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

It's difficult to troubleshoot the 1810 switches. Do you see anything out of the normal in the switch logs. If you go to Diagnostics -> Support File you can see the port counters if you scroll down a bit. Do you see any errors or collisions on your management port?