1752729 Members
5865 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Switch Upgrade & Trunking Query

edsa131
Occasional Contributor

Switch Upgrade & Trunking Query

Hi, hopefully someone can advise on a switch trunking query.

I have recently purchased a number of HP switches to upgrade our infrastructure.  My problem with setting up 3 trunks between my core switch model HP5406zl (J8697A), HP 24p Gig-T zl Module (J8702A) and 3 new switches which are;

x2 V910-48G (JE009A) including x2 SFP GBic (J8177c) in each switch

x1 2530-48G PoE+ (J9772A including x2 SFP GBic (J8177C) in the switch.

My original set up was the same at the core switch, but the 3 switches were 2610-48 (J9088A) with 2 connections from the core switch zl module going into the 2 Gig-T ports on each of the 3 2610s.

I have set the trunks up exactly the same as on the previous switches, but when the trunks are set up on the switch the network grinds to a halt.  I cannot ping from the core switch to the 3 new switches and I cannot ping between the new switches and the core switch.  When I remove the 3 Trunks all is fine and the network runs great.

I am thinking that this may be a compatibility issue, has anyone had a similar experience or can you possibly advise on what I should try to resolve the issue.

Kindest Regards

Ed

1 REPLY 1
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: Switch Upgrade & Trunking Query

The 1910 is going to be different on configuring the LACP trunk, so it is conceivable your config might need to be different on the "core".

WHat if you patch each of the new switches into the network using just one uplink - does the problem still occur?

It might be good if we can see the config off the old 2610s as well as the new config you are implementing so we can play spot the difference.