Aruba & ProVision-based
1753274 Members
4937 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Switch information

JOERM7

Switch information

Hi, I'm looking for the end of sale and the recommended replacement for the following models:

J9850A 5406R zl2

J8697A 5406zl

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Switch information

Hello @JOERM7, start your journey about Product EoS (End of Sale) information looking at HPE Networking EoS (Recent and Legacy Announcements) page.

There you will be able to find all you're looking for.

Actual Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series (which is the new brand name of the old well known HP ProCurve 5400R zl2 Switch Series) was not declared EoS because it is still in production and its operating system is under (very) active development (note that the old OS name was HP ProVision, new OS name is ArubaOS-Switch), check here (note the old chassis HP branding) or here (note the new HPE Aruba chassis branding) for additional details about the Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series.

It's totally possible that some old HP ProCurve 5400R zl2 related Bundles (chassis plus modules, as example) were declared EoS but, for sure, not the entire Aruba 5400R zl2 Switch Series.

The old HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch Series is another different story: even if its QuickSpecs shows it as re-branded as Aruba 5400 zl Switch Series, the HP 5400 zl and 5400 zl Licenses EoS document it's clear about its status (note also the presence of some EoS 5400R zl2 Bundles I'm referring above); as you can see - even if the SKU (J8697A is the Chassis) you reported isn't included explicitly - the EoS Date for the entire Switch Series was 31/12/2015 so I'm quite confident that the Chassis alone is EoS too [*] because its EoS was already declared years ago [**].

Also note the statement "Customers are encouraged to migrate to the HP 5400R zl2 Switch Series chassis, bundles and associated accessories".

[*] Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

[**] See here (note: the SKU J8697A was replaced about 7 years ago with SKU J9642A - which included Premium Software license - then the SKU J9642A was finally declared EoS on 03/09/2015 with replacement SKU equal to J9821A which is exactly the new 5400R zl2 Chassis).

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner