1752334 Members
5899 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: TIMEOUT OCCURED! when stacking 2x HP 2530-24

tomcsanyid

TIMEOUT OCCURED! when stacking 2x HP 2530-24

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to stack two HP 2530-24 switches. They have their port #25 connected to each other, one of them is fully unconfigured, having just a single Default VLAN (1) on it, the other one (the commander) has 5 VLANs configured, Default (1) being called LAN.

Now the following happens: the slave shows up in the list of stacked switches on the top, but when I click on it to change settings the following message comes up after loading for 2 minutes:

TIMEOUT OCCURRED!

This timeout could have occurred due to:

Invalid EWA server IP Address
    Invalid EWA server path
    DNS is unable to resolve the EWA server name

If I go to "Stack View" the switch itself shows up, but instead of the status of it I get the same message as above. Searching for this message didn't turn up anything, so somebody knows what's going on here? What is an EWA server? I thought switch stacking supposed to "just work" without any configuration.

I tried to restart the slave switch, it didn't make a difference.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
hobbitstrong10
Occasional Visitor

Did you ever resolve this?  I have the same switches and am getting the same timeout occurred error on two of the four switches in my stack.

eddiescarberry
Occasional Visitor

Hey I have this error as well, any resolution?   I appreciate the help.

JHelgeson
Frequent Visitor

I had this problem and it was because I had VLAN1 - the default VLAN disabled and forbidden on all the ports.  As soon as I enabled vlan1 for the interface connecting the two switches, it came up immediately.