1753674 Members
5385 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Visio Stencils

ColdCanuk
Occasional Advisor

Visio Stencils

Anyone know where I can get Visio shapes for HP devices? I've trolled the various free sites long enough to get irritated and thought trolling the HP site would have been simpler.

/me wonders if its too early to go grab a whiskey!?

9 REPLIES 9
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Visio Stencils

Hi,

As far as I know the site with the biggest choice is http://www.visiocafe.com/

Kr,

Bart Heungens

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
ColdCanuk
Occasional Advisor

I was afraid someone would reply with Visiocafe :(

I decided to use Metaswitch's stencils and then just label it "HP Switch" :P

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I am soory that my answer doesn't like you, I can find anything that I need (servers, storage) on that site...

Maybe you should have been more specific in what you are searching for?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Richard Litchfield
Respected Contributor

I hope you meant "trawling the HP site" rather than "trolling the HP site"!

But back on topic, as far as I know, Visio is the only official tool for which shapes (server, storage, networking, etc) are provided. Maybe there is a FOSS equivalent of Visio that will enable you do generate the required diagrams? Visiocafe is the source of all HP shapes, and it seems to be updated often enough.

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Any time i have to search for anything on the HP web site, i feel like trolling AND whiskey. :-)

Tip: use Google or DuckDuckGo with site:hp.com and your keywords rather than trying to use HP's search tools.

There were some officially released HP Visio templates a while back, but i think that was pre-3Com. I'd assume they kept updating them, but i can't confirm because i don't use Visio.

Regards,
Paul
Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

VisioCafe is the official place to get your HP stencils...

Updated regularly (includes 3Com & 3par & H3C) and I can't think of any shapes you would need that aren't listed...

VisioCafe-HP.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.
z3r0_G

Just curious where you found the MetaSwitch stencils

Richokc
Visitor

What about a stencil for a HP Breaker Panel... Speciflcally model number AH355A... Now there's a challenge... I have looked everywhere I can think of... No Luck..

kalul

Someone mentioned Metaswitch stencils.  Any suggestions on where to get those please.