3839 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

change qos queue priority 802.1p in 2930F

carloshp
Occasional Contributor

change qos queue priority 802.1p in 2930F

hi all,

i use a 4-queue qos in my switch 2930F and when i execute show qos-config the equipment prints me:

SYLAN_PRUEBAS(config)# show qos queue-config

Egress Queue Configuration

Number of Queues : 4

802.1p    
  Queue   Priorities
  -----   ----------
    1     1-2
    2     0,3
    3     4-5
    4     6-7

i need to change this priorities buy i cant find how.

in internet i see that is posible with the traffic-profile command but this equipment doesnt support this command.

the aos version in 16.03

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
GuruP
Valued Contributor

Re: change qos queue priority 802.1p in 2930F

we can set priority in VLAN : CLI command is "vlan vid qos priority <0-7> "

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

You cannot change the priority to queue mapping but you can re-classify ingress traffic into them via qos.  There are a variety of ways to do that, vlan qos being one of them as GuruP mentioned.  

carloshp1
Occasional Contributor

I,m A Collegue of Carlos Called Eduardo. Our idea it,s to Classify  ingress traffic From a router Side Based On DSCP and remarkit into a Dot1p Environment. For the Qos Design of our customer (Mandatory) we need to Classify the following:

DSCP 56 into a Dot1p 7

DSCP EF and DSCP CS5 into a Dot1p5.

The Rest We need to Classify in BE. Dot1p 0.

And From The user Side We need to clasify Based On Dot1p Environment (Dot1p Trust) with For example PC with Phone.

From another User side PC With Softphone (That Marks Dscp Traffic) the idea is to Based on DSCP traffic (trust DSCP on port) And try to Treat the traffic with GMB on Trunk links between Switches.

The problem is With Remark Dot1p 5 and 7. These Dot1p Qoues corresponds in GMB to the queue 3 (Dot1p 5) And Queue 4 (Dot1p 7).

We need to Separate This queues in order to Guarantee traffic Queue Dot1p 5 in one queue and Dot1p 7 in another Queue. And Dot1q5 with strict priority.

And Conservating in the Output trunks the same Dot1p markings.

With Vlan qos. I will translate the markings into anothers and related for specifications of customer designs it,s impossible to do it.

Thak you.

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

Will to try address inline.

DSCP 56 into a Dot1p 7

DSCP EF and DSCP CS5 into a Dot1p5.

The Rest We need to Classify in BE. Dot1p 0.

You can view the defaults with "show qos dscp-map".  For this config I would probably set everything to 0 and then configure those 3 as you want.  You also need to turn to enable QoS for diff-serv:

(config)# qos type-of-service diff-serv

(config)# qos dscp-map 0 priority 0

(config)# qos dscp-map 1 priority 0

(config)# qos dscp-map 63 priority 0

Then set your priorities:

(config)# qos dscp-map 56 priority 7

(config)# qos dscp-map ef priority 5

(config)# qos dscp-map cs5 priority 5

And From The user Side We need to clasify Based On Dot1p Environment (Dot1p Trust) with For example PC with Phone.

From another User side PC With Softphone (That Marks Dscp Traffic) the idea is to Based on DSCP traffic (trust DSCP on port) And try to Treat the traffic with GMB on Trunk links between Switches.

You can trust qos 802.1p and DSCP on an interface basis with: 

Aruba-2930F-48G-PoEP-4SFP(config)# interface 1 qos trust

default               Trust 802.1p priority and preserve DSCP or IP-ToS.

device                Trust DSCP when the port is connected to a specified device type.

dot1p                 Trust 802.1p priority and preserve DSCP or IP-ToS.

dscp                  Trust DSCP and remark the 802.1p priority to match.

ip-prec               Trust IP-Precedence and remark the 802.1p priority to match.

The problem is With Remark Dot1p 5 and 7. These Dot1p Qoues corresponds in GMB to the queue 3 (Dot1p 5) And Queue 4 (Dot1p 7).

We need to Separate This queues in order to Guarantee traffic Queue Dot1p 5 in one queue and Dot1p 7 in another Queue. And Dot1q5 with strict priority.

And Conservating in the Output trunks the same Dot1p markings.

"Strict" can only be configured on the highest priority queue, so if you need DSCP EF & CS5 serviced in a strict manner you should adjust the DSCP mappings you configured above.  To set the bandwidth on the trunk:

Aruba-2930F-48G-PoEP-4SFP(config)# int trk1 bandwidth-min output 0 40 40 strict