5899 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: how disable ipv6 ..?

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

how disable ipv6 ..?

Hello

i want to ask is there a way to disable ipv6 broadcast in switch 8212 becouse there some computer is broadcast  ipv6 becouse bug in network card, so if there a way to disable from the core switch is better.

thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

You want to just drop all switched IPv6 packets?  You could use an ACL to do that:

ipv6 access-list "drop-all-v6"
      10 deny ipv6 ::/0 ::/0
   exit

Then apply it to the ingress VLAN or port:

vlan 1
      ipv6 access-group "drop-all-v6" vlan

-or-

interface A1
      ipv6 access-group "drop-all-v6" in
   exit

Either will drop all IPv6 packets on ingress of that VLAN or port.  You could be more specific on the source IPv6 address if you just want to drop packets from that particular host.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello Michael Patmon

sorry for slow respone i was busy i try both way but not work.

thank you

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

That should drop all IPv6 packets ingressing the 8200.  What is the IPv6 packet exactly?

Other option would be to put the misbehaving host in its own VLAN. 

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello

it coming from HP computer host we have large number for the same module and this has problem in network card it need update but you can see the problem in this link:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48051

we have many host in many vlan it will take long time to location every one and update the drive network card, i want know if there a way to stop it from Core Switch.

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

Ok, so it's an MLD packet being flooded.  The ACL examples I gave you should drop that packet, I verified that it does in the lab.  

If applying the ACL to the VLAN make sure you use the "vlan" keyword when applying.  In/out only applies to packets the 8200 is routing, which is not the case here.

You could also drop all packets with that DA MAC via a multicast filter, for example:

HP-8212zl(config)# filter multicast 3333000000fb drop all

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello

yes i use the "vlan" keyword but still the packet not stop in Wireshark, about

HP-8212zl(config)# filter multicast 3333000000fb drop all

there more than 200 pc  can't use it

Michael Patmon
Trusted Contributor

The ACL and filter should drop those packets on ingress at the 8200.  You want to drop those packets as close to the source as you can.  If you have downstream switches they will still flood that packet. 

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hello

ok the ACL it in the Core Switch but the problem in the downstream switches, becouse it effect  the network printers and can't work i test the printer in another vlan don't have packet flood and the printer wrok, any way i  think the only way is to update the the computer  network card for all pc it will take time, till i find solove for this problem.

Thank you agian Michael Patmon.