108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blue Screen Of Death During RDP Scripted Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
A. Edens
Frequent Advisor

Blue Screen Of Death During RDP Scripted Install

I am currently running RDP 3.60 Windows edition on Windows 2003 Server. Server hardware is C class enclosures with BL460c servers.

I am unable to complete any Windows 2003 scripted install, (Standard, Enterprise, 32 or 64 bit).

Each time the first task "Deploy System Configuration" executes, I receive a BSOD as such.

hpqilo2.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF7A86000,0x00000000,0xBB3064DA,0x00000000)

*** hpqilo2.sys - Address BB3064DA base at BB2F7000, DateStamp 460d474a

This is happening on 3 different blade servers, so I don't think that it is a hardware problem.

I have tried to find an updated version of this file from hp.com support with not alot of luck.

Upgrading to RDP 3.60 was my latest attempt to correct this problem.

My ilo2 firmware is version 1.22.

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

Update your iLo to 1.30 and system BIOS.

There is a job in RDP to update all your firmware so just run that. [I think it's the first job under ToolBox].
A. Edens
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply Gordon.

Before I saw your reply I updated all of the blades with the latest Firmware Maintanence CD 7.80. That got me to 1.29. After messing around with the USB Key Utility and getting the Firmware Maintanence CD updated to version 1.30 of the firmware, it failed to run with an error.

That left me with the trusty Linux LiveCD to update to version 1.30.

Unfortunetly, I am still having issues with the BSOD.

The only thing that I have managed to get to work was a blade with an O/S already installed. I patched via Windows On-Line updates 1 blade of the same make with the latest ilo firmware and BIOS and that server is working correctly. RDP pushes out the OS with no problems.

All "bare-metal" blades are dead however.

I am stumped, so I left a support request with HP via their web page, but haven't been contacted. Going to have to get on the phone it appears and stay on them.

Have a couple of points for the help however.
Kase
Frequent Advisor

I am having the exact same issue with RDP 3.6 and bl465c's. I get the STOP error during the Distribute Disk Image task for all servers on all jobs. Please post anything you find. I appreciate it.
Kase
Frequent Advisor
Solution

I fixed this issue by using the "Regenerate Boot Disk" function in the Options section of the Deployment Console. It seems that my WinPE boot disk was somehow corrupt (or old?). I had the exact same issue with the same STOP error message. Hope this helps.
A. Edens
Frequent Advisor

Sorry for the delay in answering and assigning points.

I believe that your solution is the correct one. It took HP a long time to handle my support case that I opened, but they eventually came back with the same solution.

In my case, I ended up whacking the RDP/SIM box and starting over with a clean install.

It fixed my problem as well.