1748056 Members
4991 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360 G4 Win 2003

M. Hofstetter
Frequent Advisor

Re: DL360 G4 Win 2003

DL360 G4 is maybe different from DL380G4. When i boot with the slipstream-cd on the 360 G3 (yes G3, because we haven't a 360g4) and Virtual Install Disk setting is on or off everything works fine. When i boot the DL380G4 no Disks are found if Virtual Disk is OFF. When i boot with the setting Virtual Disk is ON it works fine.

If i make a slipstream-cd with the beta version of W2003 SP1 it works also with Virtual Disk is off.

So now you see my problem. With w2003 without sp1 i can't set to disable virtual drive=no, because there is no disk found.

M. Hofstetter
Frequent Advisor

Ronald, you write that "Adding the NIC driver works for me."

With the Slipstream CD? And which Proliant (DL 360 G4 or G3)?

Stuart Hadley

Hi, im having the same problem (unattened build not working) with a ML350 G4. As anyone come across the same issue with this Server, if so will the above fixes help???? As I have just started with the a new company and do not want to step on anyones toes (if you know what i mean)
Simon Jackson_1
Occasional Advisor

I'm trying to install Windows 2003 onto a DL360 G4 using Microsoft RIS
Are the comments in this thread relevant to my install?
I've managed to get the appropriate NIC drivers to work, but the machine now states that there are no drives available, which is I presume due to the 6i controller not being recognised.

Can anyone outline to me which files I need to place where in my RIS install files?
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

okay, so let me say that this has been nothing but hell for me. I have tried everything under the sun and nothing is fixing the issue.

Setup seems to run fine for me until the little yellow progress bar reaches 100%. can anyone please tell me why my Dl380G4 just completely stops responding when the progress bar hits 100%. the hard drive activity lights go near solid and that is where it stays. Anyone have any idea why this is happening. I would truly like some help.
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

Anyway, me again. I have done nearly everything on this page that someone said worked for them, and it didnt' work for me. Part of my problem is that I am also trying to get 2000 Sp4 to install using this method. Don't ask why, I have some very expensive intel cards that aren't 2003 compliant. Sucks I know.

Anyway, ...:::This is for any HP techs monitoring this board:::...

Please help us out with this. Really, i would like to see an HP tech post files for us or a link to a tech article were we can download all necessary drivers, files, and unattend.txt examples that could make this work for us. I really would hate to try and open a ticket with HP/Microsoft for this since it will be a nightmare to do.
Derek_31
Valued Contributor

We went through our own DL380 G4 hell with RDP 2.0 and sysprep. Basically sysprep was hanging on us during the mini-setup. We had to pull all MS patches from the image and have a script to run them after sysprep was done. We didn't try to narrow it down to what patch was causing the problem.

We also disabled the EMS console and had to not re-install the ILO PSP driver during the setup. Generally we run the whole PSP setup so that all drivers are properly recognized.
Jared Hedman_2
Advisor

Yeah, I'm not very impressed by how difficult this has been. Heck, I thought some of the new Dell products were a pain. Anyway, I am going to scrap this unattended installation from CD thing and will be implementing MS ADS soon. We have grown 25 servers in 2.5 months so I need a viable deployment solution and since I have used RIS for years and like it, I am going to be using my experience with it to deploy ADS. however, I hope to the higher powers that these same issues wont plague my use of ADS.
M. Hofstetter
Frequent Advisor

I'm happy!!!

Here is the step-by-step-solution for a W2003 Slip-Stream CD with OEM-RAID and Network-Drivers on the 380 G4.

This solves the Problem with the startdss.sys-error and the "File txtsetup.oem caused an unexpected error (18) at line 1814 in d:\srv03rtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c"
:

Edit TXTSETUP.SIF (in the i386-Folder)
under the Section [HardwareIdsDatabase] add this:

PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_40910E11 = "cpqcissm"
PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_409A0E11 = "cpqcissm"
PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_409B0E11 = "cpqcissm"
PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_409C0E11 = "cpqcissm"
PCI\VEN_0E11&DEV_0046&SUBSYS_409D0E11 = "cpqcissm"

I have attached the hole txtsetup.sif on this message.

Copy the extracted HP Array Driver (cp004782.exe)to $oem$\$1\Drivers\sa (The $oem$-dir is on the same level as the i386-dir). You do not create a folder $oem$ under the i386-dir! Also you do not need a Textmode-Folder!!!

Compress the cpqcissm.sys to cpqcissm.sy_ and copy the file to the i386-dir and overwrite the old driver. (makecab cpqcissm.sys cpqcissm.sy_)

Edit your winnt.sif-file:
[Unattended]
OemPreinstall=Yes
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
DisableVirtualOEMDevices=Yes
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\sa;Drivers\nc77;Drivers\nc71"

Hope this helps!
Mike

Olivier C├йsar

GREAT !!!!!!

It solved all my problems.
Apparently with this trick, i'm also able to install G3 server with a 5i RAID controller.

Nice work man..

THANKS AGAIN !!!