1753936 Members
9650 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL360G5 - Can't Deploy image using RDP6.8

Mike Reves
Advisor

DL360G5 - Can't Deploy image using RDP6.8

Ok, here's the issue: We pxe using WinPE and the console sees the new server. We then drop (deploy) a standard Windows 2003 Enterprise image onto the box and let it go. The deployement starts and it dies in the first process RUN SCRIPT: Deploy System Configuration. In that script it has the following:

rem Deploy System Configuration
rem deployment start

set inputfile=pl.xml

call %ALTIRIS_SHARE%\lib\bin32\winpe\conrep.cmd -l %inputfile%

Anyhow, I'm not sure why it blows up right at the beginning. The new 360 is the new SAS configuration with the e200 array integrated inside. Any help would be great. THX!
4 REPLIES 4
pasquino bocci_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: DL360G5 - Can't Deploy image using RDP6.8

Hi,

Have you tried the "capture hw config and windows image" to capture image and config, then use deploy hw config and windows image?

Pasquino
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

Right.

Make sure you run the "Read Proliant ML/DL/BL[...]Windows Image" first before you try to deploy an image.

You need to make sure you capture and deploy to like systems (HP names the image, HW, array based off model number).

If you don't have an server (with an OS) to read then you first need to run a Server Deployment (to do a scripted install).

Mike Reves
Advisor

I am using the default image that came with my RDP: Deploy ProLiant ML/DL/BL + Windows 2003 Enterprise + PSP {WinPE}. I've used it on all of my HP server and have not had this issue come up before. Again, I'm not sure if it's a driver issue since it the 360G5 has SAS drives and the new Array.
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

I tend to think of this as the unattened install.

Go into the BIOS and do a system erase including the drives. Support for DL360 G5 was in RDP 3.0.