ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1751842 Members
5822 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How I can set bios admin password via RDP?

Benedict Herr
Occasional Contributor

How I can set bios admin password via RDP?

I have search for many hours but I donтАЩt find a solution to set the bios admin password via RDP or via script. I have tried with tool conrep.exe that will already use in RDP for changing the boot order and other bios configuration but it seems does the configuration of admin password is not possible with conrep.

Please can anybody help me to find a solutionтАж

Best regards
Benedict Herr
4 REPLIES 4
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Hi!

Haven't tried this my self but what if you set the settings you want for the machine and then use the "Read Proliant ML/DL/BL System configuration {LinuxPE} or {WinPE} job to extract thoose settings and then you should be able to use that on the next one you'll deploy of that machinetype..

Cederberg
Honored Contributor

the job mentioned above is located Server Deployment toolbox -> 1- Hardware Configuration -> System
Benedict Herr
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply. I have try to use the Server Deployment toolbox but without success. The scripts "Read Proliant ML/DL/BL System configuration {LinuxPE} or {WinPE} job├в will use the ├в conrep├в too and with this tool it is not possible to set bios password.

Further idea?

Best regards
Benedict Herr
Wayne Blackwell

Hi all

I too have this question and have searched through RDP documentation, the Web, all HP etc..

Can anyone from HP answer this question?