ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753288 Members
5672 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

ICsp 7.6 fails to boot into Maintenance OS - Wait for HP SA Agent failed with exit code 120

jlangmead
Regular Advisor

ICsp 7.6 fails to boot into Maintenance OS - Wait for HP SA Agent failed with exit code 120

Hi

I'm new to ICsp and just trying to set it up to work with a few HPE Gen9 blades in a c7000 chassis with Virtual connect (controlled by OneView). I've installed the ICsp Appliance (on a standalone ESXi host) and also built a Windows vm as an ICsp Media Server. 

So I'm at the stage of wanting to add the bare metal blade servers into the ICsp Appliance so I can deploy VMware ESXi 6.5. I select the Add Server option and give it the iLO address and login credentials and all this is fine but it failed to boot into the Maintencance OS as it fails to complete step 4 and times out saying "Failed to wait for the HP SA Agent: The agent did not appear on the network (is not listening on its port)."

I suspect this is a networking issue but not sure how to troubleshoot this. 

How does the Appliance try to connect to the SA agent? 

The blades are installed with FLB650 flex fabric adapters which will give the blade a total of 8 nics - Is the appliance expecting 1 or all these nics to get an IP address through DHCP and trying to connect through that? As I don't think DHCP is working correctly yet?

I have set up DHCP on the Appliance but can't tell if it's issues any addresses yet - is there a way to tell if it's issued an address to a server? I'm certain this will be something to do with networking but am hoping I can get a bit of an insight as to what I need to tell our networking team what needs to happen for the Appliance to be able to conect the SA Agent.

thanks in advance for any info