4556 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installing RDP components manually

Mortimer_1
Occasional Advisor

Installing RDP components manually

Hi,

I need to deploy RDP through another RDP server. I know this is not supported. However, it is mandatory to reach this goal.

So far I've managed to install all components that are part of RDP silently. There is one tiny problem that needs a fix.

When installing Altiris DS 6.9 SP1 silently using a custom .ini file (supported) the result is different when the same software is installed through the RDP autostart.exe installation program. I'm talking about the DS installation only. All components installed afterwards have no problem.
What in particular does autorun.exe do to the DS installation to patch the program?
I need to fix this because right now it is not possible to use license files provided by HP.

When starting eXpress.exe ususally an HP popup appears. Right now I see the default Altiris popup. Integration Modules etc. are installed like it should and work the way it should.

I hope someone has some insight.

Thanks for your time!

1 REPLY 1
Mortimer_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: Installing RDP components manually

So far I managed to get the HP logo by modifying the 'oemname' registry value under .\SOFTWARE\Altiris\eXpress\Console to 'compaq'.

Although it now looks like RDP it still doesn't accept HP provided licenses. So there must be other modifications as well.