108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Internal application error

Nimal Lionel
Occasional Contributor

Internal application error

Hi everybody,

I've a little problem with rdp :
when I deploy an installation job on a blade server (Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL + Windows 2003 x64 Standard + PSP {WinPE} in this case) i got an internal application error and the job stops until i click on "ok" button. I'm obliged to monitor the steps and push ok button each time.

Have you already seen this kind of problem ?
Have you any solutions ?

For information, i'm using the version 6.9 of RDP.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

Does the error show on the RDP server or the target server?

If it's on the RDP server you may have a bad file...so you may need to reinstall RDP (make sure the ISO is good by checking the MD5 number).

If it's on the target make sure your using the Windows bits with SP2.

Nimal Lionel
Occasional Contributor

The error appears on the target server.
I'm deploying a French version of Windows 2003 x64 Standard SP2 with R2 but i never install R2 adds.
I'll try to test a deploy with the R2 tools and see if the error still occurs.
If it works, i don't see the link between Altiris Agent and R2...
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

I know this is *not* your case but...

(From RDP 3.82 - notes)

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00002004.html

An RDP installation on Windows localized in Italian or Spanish requires the English Windows AIK Localized Italian or Spanish Windows AIK does not have support for WinPE IA64 which is required for RDP installation.
Nimal Lionel
Occasional Contributor

After reading RDP 3.82 Release Notes I found that it is a known issue :

Altiris AClient hotfix is required for deploying and managing Windows Server 2003 localized versions
Download the Altiris agent hotfix from the Altiris support site, then copy the new files to the Deployment Server .\Agents\Aclient and .\lib\osoem\altiris directories. If performing an RDP upgrade, it is recommended to disable the Deployment Server client automatic update before starting the upgrade. For more information and download instructions, refer to the Altiris Knowledgebase article #44291 at Altiris Knowledgebase.

This issue is corrected by installing the maintenance pack 1 of DS 6.9 SP1, that can be found here : https://kb.altiris.com/display/1/kb/article.asp?aid=44867&link=

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Nimal Lionel
Occasional Contributor

It's corrected by the maintenance pack 1.