ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753914 Members
9112 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MDT 2008 and G6's

Justin A Barnes

MDT 2008 and G6's

Is else having problems loading G6 Servers with MDT 2008?

Be it blade, DL, or ML I cannot get WinPE to load the drivers for the broadcom nic on a G6 model. I can load any pre-G6 model with a broadcom nic just fine and I have a boat load of G6s ready for production but cannot load them. It is greatly annoying me that every other model works just fine but the G6 are not working.
3 REPLIES 3
davidc_2
Advisor

YES! I am having a big problem with the G6's and MDT 2008.

Mine is fine through the winPE stage but after the image is applied and the system reboots into the host OS I loose network connectivity because of no drivers being installed for that broadcom nc382i nic. This is for a server 2008 enterpise x64 custom wim image... I have not tried any of my other images yet.

did you resolve your issues?

is wierd because the mdt log shows that the nic is found, a driver is found and copied to c:\drivers, but when I log into the machine after that first reboot the drivers are actually in windows.old\drivers and if I manually install them via device manager they work fine, the lti processes actually picks up and continues once the nic drivers are installed? why isn't the system installing those drivers automatically?
Pierre le Grange
Occasional Contributor

Was this problem resolved inanyway??
davidc_2
Advisor

my issue was resolved by removing the c:\drivers folder from my wim images. This folder is put there by the MDT process for creating the wim images so I don't know why it is not removed automatically by that same process but it is not. After I mounted my wim image file, removed the c:\drivers folder, then saved the change back to the wim file, all worked fine.

HTH