ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1754014 Members
7476 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Max dimension of image usind the rpd.

Nunzio Surace
Occasional Contributor

Max dimension of image usind the rpd.

The max dimension of 1 image with rdp is 2Gb, but i can create larger one is i split it in multiple files (like 6 files of 640 Mb) ?
Nunzio
5 REPLIES 5
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Yes you can. When you create the Image job there is an option under the Advanced button.
Nunzio Surace
Occasional Contributor

I know i can split in more files, but in this way i can create an image of a disk with 30GB, for example and it work??
If someone know where i can find this requisite in a official document can help me much.
Nunzio
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

You can't go bigger than 2G because of the limitation of FAT. Imaging cannot be accomplished using NTFS. That's why you have to span any image files with the 2G cap.
Jeff Mathews
Respected Contributor

Yes you can image the machine that has 30 GB on its hard drive. Your image files will be broken up into approximately fifteen 2 GB files. Works like a charm.
Doug Wogan
Regular Advisor

Yea. That's not what I was saying. You cannot create a single disk image that is larger than 2G. You have to span the rest and break up the image files into 2G chunks. I guess I misunderstood the original question. It looked to me like he wanted to create a single image of a 30G drive to a 30G image file. NO you cannot do that. Sorry for my confusion.