1752749 Members
4827 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Nic Identification Problem

Rider
Trusted Contributor

Nic Identification Problem

I have some new DL380 G5 servers to setup so I used the RDP 3.7 to install Win2003, the problem is after the installation, Win2003 detected NIC1 as "Local Area Connection2" and NIC2 as "Local Area Connection". I tried the OS setup twice on two different servers and I got the same result. Updated firmware, but same results. Later when new OS job is deployed from RDP, it shows the mac address of the LAN2 which is not in the network, rather than taking the NIC 1 mac. There is problem in idenfication of nic and mac address during deployment of OS.

As anyone seen this problem with DL 380 G5 ?
A Real man makes his own luck
2 REPLIES 2
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: Nic Identification Problem

Hi

the Local area connection numbers have nothing to do with RDP thats a Windows "Problem" I don't know why windows sets the names of the nics the way it does.

as of the MAC problem that RDP shows nic2's MAC adress i can't figure why if it didn't PXE boot on it..
Riders
Occasional Advisor

Re: Nic Identification Problem

Not sure y it is happening, but gets the mac address of another nic which is not enable for PXE. I found some information on this.

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/12009443/m/612007200931/inc/1