New Discussion юеВ

PSP install failure

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pcole
Occasional Advisor

PSP install failure

Hi,

I've been trying this last few days to update the support pack on a DL360 for the last couple of days to the newest version (3.20) and it keeps failing with the following:

The Smart Component file, cp009245.exe, could not be retrieved from the Version Control Repository Manager on server mortgagemanager. The download will be retried.
Additional Data
HTTP_STATUS: 404

The component is in the repository and i've even deleted it and downloaded it manually from HP to the same location, but each time, the support pack install fails because of this component.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Paul
14 REPLIES 14
KarimK
Frequent Advisor

Re: PSP install failure

I have the same issue, any updates would be appreciated...

Karim
Ron Burke
Advisor

I am having a problem with PSP v8.20, on blade servers with a Qlogic HBA. Earlier versions work.

I tried downloading the cpxxxx.exe for it, when I used the /s switch I received a different error. I also used the bpxxx.cmd install. the logs do not give any reason, and the device never loads.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Try too uninstall the driver and then install the new one...
Tom Whiteley

I think there is a problem with the package... I have got a warning in my HP SIM saying that it is an unrecognised Support Pack.
Steve weeks_2
Frequent Advisor

Same here too.

8.20a is showing as an invalid support pack because of cp009245.exe

"the referenced component is not in the support pack"
Jon Berry

I'm having exactly the same issue where cp009245.exe is being flagged as not being present in the catalog.. Have downloaded this again, removed and readded support pack 8.20A but still the same problems. ?

Error: "cp009245.exe - The referenced component is not in the catalog"
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Try running the correct cp***.exe.
at the next screeen extract the files.
run setup.exe from the extracted files.

steven
Jon Berry

Thanks Steve, that worked a treat.

I ran the cp*****.exe, then chose extract. After this was finished I ran setup.exe from the repo directory. I got a an error after it had finished scanning the repo, but after I refreshed the VCRM and the PSP is now fine. Can also see in the log that the missing cp****.exe file has now been added.

Cheers

Jon
Steven Baillie
Trusted Contributor

remember to assign points if you think your problem was solved.