1752618 Members
4583 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

PXE-E89a error code?

Al Harrison
Occasional Advisor

PXE-E89a error code?

Does any one know what the PXE error code PXE-E89a means?

I have a DL580G2 fully updated with the latest System ROM, associated controllers and NC7770 nic to the latest versions of PXE 3.2.2.

I dropped a W2003 SE scripted install job and after the second script part of the job "Deploy Array Configuration" conrep completes successfully it reboots after "Downloading DOS boot diskette image" errors with "PXE-E89a"?

The error code is not listed in the RDP knowledge Base article id 00000138

Other Servers e.g. DL380G2 DL380G3 DL380G4 etc do not exhibit this error.
2 REPLIES 2
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

Re: PXE-E89a error code?

see whether this helps for you, I am not sure about the error though:

http://www.bluewillowgroup.com/DesktopModules/forum/?f=42&m=23764
Never Never Never Giveup
Al Harrison
Occasional Advisor

Re: PXE-E89a error code?

This does not help.

After extensive searching on the Blue Willow Group PXE & Networking forum, and Altiris forums & this one without much success the best area of potential answers I found was on the Altiris DS forum.

"1) Verify that the PXE services are running. Restart the services to ensure that they are starting properly.

2) Shut down the PXE services and run the command "netstat -an" on the PXE server, check to see if port 67,69 are still open, if they are, investigate what is using this port while the PXE services are not running. If nothing is using these ports, restart the services and continue with step 3.

3) Inside the PXE folder in the eXpress share, verify that the managed.0 and managed.1 files exist as well as a newcomp.0 and newcomp.1. If they already exist, recreate a new configuration through the bootdisk creator to recreate these files.

4) Check to see if there are any other PXE servers running on the same subnet, if so, disable all except for one of them.

5) Shut down the PXE services on the server, open a DOS window and type in the command "netstat -an", look for anything else that might be trying to use port 67

6) If the PXE server is running on the same machine as DHCP, ensure that option 060 'PXEClient' is configured on the DHCP server. If the PXE server is not on the same machine as the DHCP server, make sure the DHCP server does not have option 060 enabled.

7) If the PXE server is on a different VLAN/Subnet, ensure that you have "IP-Helper" addresses on the VLAN Gateway pointing back to the DHCP server AND one pointing back to the PXE server.

8) If using VLANs, verify that there are no Access-lists preventing the two vlans from speaking to each other on ports 67,69.

With the error message you receive i would set my money on option 1, the TFTP service is not running, or option 3, the boot images aren't there or corrupt. "

I enabled my DS PXE error logging & will attempt script install again.