6526 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with PSP 8.20 in RHEL servers

amoralejo
Occasional Advisor

Problem with PSP 8.20 in RHEL servers

Hi,

I'm installing RHEL 5.3 in some servers with PSP 8.20 and I'm finding following snmp traps everytime I restart hp-snmp-agents package:

Trap-ID=6022
A non-operational system fan has returned to normal operation.

Trap-ID=6024
A non-operational processor fan has returned to normal operation.

But all fans seems to be working fine. I'm having the problem both in a DL380G4 and DL580G3.

Has anyone seen similar problems???

Best regards,
7 REPLIES 7
Vince Valenti

Hello,

I'm having the same exact problem on a DL360 G5 running CentOS 5.3. It's emailing the traps to me.

In addition, I can't seem to get the System Management Homepage to work (3.0). I can log in, but I get "No items" in the list. The command-line utility (hpasmcli) works fine.

Thanks,
Vince
amoralejo
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

In my case, SMH is working fine, the only problem I've seen so far is the false traps one.

Best regards,

Alfredo
Scott555

I'm seeing the exact same thing - RHEL 5.1/OEL 5.3 on bl680c blades.

everything else seems to be working fine; just an annoying false-positive alert
Robert_Boyd
Respected Contributor

Same thing for me with RHEL5 and RHEL4 on DL380-G5 and DL380-G4 servers.
Master you were right about 1 thing -- the negotiations were SHORT!
Peter Lombardo

I'm also seeing this on DL380s, RHEL 4.8 & PSP 8.2. Looking for a solution.
amoralejo
Occasional Advisor

Allan Harris

WRT to Vincent's issue, I was experiencing the same problems on all of my x86-64 RHEL5 servers, even after upgrading to PSP 8.31 via SIM and VCA. I had an older server with the same architecture running 8.20 that was running fine. After a comparison of each server's VCAs, it turned out that the "HP System Management Homepage Templates for Linux" package was not appearing against the referenced support pack.

To resolve the issue, I needed to click the link to "show additional items available in the repository", then search for and install "HP System Management Homepage Templates for Linux 8.3.0.9-13 (English (US))". This finally exposed all of the agents' statuses to the SMH, where previously there were no items except the VCA.

I quick inspection of the installed packages showed I had actually deployed hp-smh-templates.noarch. Perhaps the "noarch" suffix indicates why the package doesn't match up against the referenced support pack for 8.31 x64?

Good luck, all - this SIM business is quite a finicky beast...

~Allan