ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753640 Members
5206 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems deplying p-class using RDP (DHCP related)

Adam Nickells
Advisor

Problems deplying p-class using RDP (DHCP related)

Hi,

I've just finished reinstalled RDP onto a new server and am trying to setup some new blades.

I've logged into the blades using iLO, these picked up IP addresses from DHCP.

When booting the blade however, it gets to PXE boot and tries to find a DHCP server, but comes back with the following error:

No DHCP or ProxyDHCP offers were received.

Now obviously these blades should be able to see a DHCP server, as the iLO cards are picking up IPs from DHCP.

The DHCP server is in a different subnet, but IPHelper is enabled on the main switch for the subnet.

Is there anything else I should be looking at here? I've tried 2 blades in the same enclosure, and neither are able to find a DHCP server.

Thanks,

Adam
2 REPLIES 2
Adam Nickells
Advisor

Re: Problems deplying p-class using RDP (DHCP related)

Hi,

just as a test, I booted up a blade I had already built manuallt using Virtual Media.

This was also set for DHCP, and was able to pick up DHCP addresses with no problems.

So now I'm confused. This server is in the same enclosure so I can't see why it could pick up DHCP but the new ones can't.

Anybody got any ideas?

In case it matters, the servers in question are running iLO firmware 1.55 and BIOS firmware I04.

Thanks,

Adam
Adam Nickells
Advisor

Re: Problems deplying p-class using RDP (DHCP related)

aahhhh...think I've just found the cause actually. I received an advisory a few days ago about spanning tree being enabled on the switches.

I'll speak to the network guys, but I bet that's it.

Thanks to anyone who looked at this anyway.

Adam