108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP 2.1 error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

RDP 2.1 error

I am trying to deploy a image for the first time and i get the follwoing error "Error 2 during script execution" Any ideas what i am missing? Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP 2.1 error

which job you are trying to execute? and what is the job history shows ? which script is failing and giving the error 2?

Some basic info. you need to first read system configuration/array configuration/image and then only you can write them back.

Regards,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

I have just installed RDP 2.1 and I am using the Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL +Windows2003 Standard + PSP to build brand new BL35p blades.

It starts to run rebooting a few time but then it halts and I get the Error 2 meesage.

Thansk!
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

Can you please check the job history and let us know on which task the job is failed with the error 2 message.
Never Never Never Giveup
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

Sorry about that...it stops on coping poliant files.
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor
Solution

if you click on the problematic job, then you will be presented with list of tasks in it. Select the Copying proliant files task (which is problematic) and check what exactly it is doing.

It is more likely that it is calling a .bat file which calls xcopy with source and destination arguments. See whether anything wrong on the parameters and try to manually execute it on the target system (by booting to PXE manually and exiting to DOS using diagnostics menu)

One more thing to note: You should use Win98 SE CD when RDP asks it for creating PXE boot disk image. If you have used win 95 try re-installing RDP with win 98 boot CD.

Regards,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

Will do Thanks for your help!!! RDP is really gettign the best of me at the moment
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the info. I updated my boot files with win98 SE and it works great
Chris adams
Occasional Advisor

Thanks!