3221 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP - Changing Array Script

Darren Webb
Advisor

RDP - Changing Array Script

Hi,

I have recently installed RDP, haven't really run in to any serious problems but there are some INI files I could do with some help with.
Bascically the Array Config comes from "mldl-a.ini" which has this inside;
Action = Configure
Method = AUTO

;Controller specifications
Controller = ALL
;ReadCache = 50
;WriteCache = 50
RebuildPriority = Low
ExpandPriority = Low

;Array specifications
Array = A
;Drive = 2
OnlineSpare = No

;Drive Specifications
LogicalDrive = 1
Size = MAX
Sectors = 63
ArrayAccelerator = Enabled

This sets up your disks as a raid 5 set all together. What I was after was some examples of this file so I could say set up 2 disks mirrored for the OS and then Raid 5 however many disks are left over.

Any one know where I can get information on the lay out of this please?

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
Richard Mouser
Valued Contributor

Re: RDP - Changing Array Script

Darren,

You can reference the toolkit documentation for Array Configuration Replicator (ACR) in the SmartStart Scripting Toolkit User Guide. This is installed on your deployment server as: ./deploy/tools/ssst/sssstkug.pdf

You can also manually configure a server the way you want it (two drives mirrored, the rest raid 5), then capture the configuration use the "Capture Hardware Configuration" job to capture the configuration. The resulting array configuration file will be named cpqcap-a.ini located in the ./deploy/configs directory on the deployment server. This file can be renamed and edited to make it more generic (e.g., remove drive sizes to make it work with any size drives you use).

Re: RDP - Changing Array Script

Excellent. That is exactly what I was looking for. rtfm and all that!