ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753937 Members
10067 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

RDP Error when capturing image

Dcubert

RDP Error when capturing image

I'm working with a new installations of Altiris eXpress Deployment Server 6.9 (build 365). The problem I have is in trying to re-capture an image on a server after making changes minor changes in the hardware configuration. It appears to go through it's paces but then fails with a 'unable to boot to windows automation' (error code 116). This is for both a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Enterpise 32bit & 64bit versions. Working on HP c7000 enclosure and Bl465c G5 blades. Anyone have an idea? Thank you in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Chris m W
Advisor

Re: RDP Error when capturing image

This would be a problem with your PXE configuration. Edit your boot image for either Win98, Winpe, etc depending on which is your default and go through the Wizard again. Check your settings including your ID and password you are using to connect to your Express share.

Something else to check, make sure you have available DHCP addresses in your scope and make sure that you have a helper in place so your server knows how to get to the DHCP server. Failing that turn on your logging in your PXE configuration to see what is going on.

Just thought of a problem I had last year where I had MAC address exclusions in my pxe.ini file but they would not show in the GUI...might be something to check.