1754020 Members
8004 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP Install of BL35p and BL25p very slow

Brian Loxton
Occasional Contributor

RDP Install of BL35p and BL25p very slow

I have just installed RDP 2.1 to build brand new BL35p and BL25p blades.

I used the job - Deploy Proliant ML/DL/BL +Windows2003 Standard + PSP.

Although everything appears to work, it takes an extremely long time (>3hrs) to build.

The majority of the time is not during the filecopy from the RDP server but after the last reboot, and during the windows scripted build, that runs from the local disk. Therefore not a RDP server or Network bottleneck.

Even after the build is complete the servers run extremely slowly (ie 5 minutes to respond to Cnt-Alt-Del to login)

Task manger shows almost zero cpu utilitaztion. I have tested this on 3 of the new blades, 2 *BL35p and 1 BL25p and they are all the same.

Windows 2000 installed using RDP to one of the other Blades is better but still very slow.

The same jobs to a DL380 install normally and resonds normally afterwards.

Is this a RDP problem or a Blade problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Gopi Sekar
Honored Contributor

if all the blades are behaving same, then the problem could be with the enclosure. Ensure you have the supported and compatible enclosure and all firmwares are updated on it.

Regards,
Gopi
Never Never Never Giveup
Jeffrey Yadzinski_2
Valued Contributor

Yes, this definitly is not an RDP problem. I have seen this before, and it was because of the enclosure vs. blade versions/revisions. Double check as Gopi said, he is right on the money here.