4936 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP Not detecting ilo information

Andrew Sharman
Occasional Contributor

RDP Not detecting ilo information

Hi.

I have a number of HP bl20p g3 servers they all have ilo's that are configured & working.

I have RDP 2.20 installed and it detects all servers correctly but it does not appear to of detected all ilo's.

Out of 32 bl20p g3 servers it has detected 10 server's & ilo's correctly.

It also appears to of discovered 5 chassis's but I only have 4.

All the chassis's are full with bl20p servers but RDP does not report that, it shows some slots being empty.

Please can someone help me.
3 REPLIES 3
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

Make sure your iLo's are using the current firmware version and that your enclosure is also current. It's nice to set a base line.

You maybe able to use the Firmware CD and the iLo virtual media to update everything (system board, raid controller, etc).

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/24819.html

Andrew Sharman
Occasional Contributor

All my ilo's are at 1.84 & rack 's are at 2.30

I have upgraded all servers with the the 7.51a PSP.

Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

When the servers show up in the RDP console are the names based off [Rack-Enclosure-Bay] or serial number {they should be Rack-Enclosure-Bay for Blade servers}. The RACK name will populate to all the enclosures if you connected all the encloses together (daisy chain). The ENCLOSURES should have *unique* names. You configure the Rack/Enclosure names using the iLo (tab at the top). You may need to pull all the blades out of the enclosure [except for one so you can setup the naming].