New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP - Setting Partitions over 4GB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

RDP - Setting Partitions over 4GB

Hello everyone,

First I would like to say that I am both new to scripting as well as RDP. So here goes; I have read in the smartstart scripting tool kit documents that the utility is limited to FAT16 partitions etc and hence won't support over 4gb

My question is if the input to cpqdisk looks like:

[GENERAL PARAMETERS]
OVERWRITE = TRUE

[PARTITION0]
size = 32
type = 12
active = FALSE

[PARTITION1]
size = 4096
type = 6
active = TRUE

[PARTITION2]
size = 8192
type = 6
active = FALSE

Then partition 2 will be reduced to 4Gb. Is there a new version of CPQDISK that supports FAT32 etc?

Thanks all
why?
2 REPLIES 2
Richard Mouser
Valued Contributor
Solution

Paul,

The intent of CPQDISK is to create a partiton to get the OS installed, not to create all the partitions that will be used by your target OS.

The rest of this assumes you are installing Windows:

If you want to have a larger boot partition, look at the ExtendOEMPartition option in your unattend text file. Set this to 1 to use the entire drive, or number of megabytes if you want to specify a particular boot partition size.

If you want to create other partitions, there is a tool called diskpart.exe from Microsoft that allows creation of other partitions.

Richard
Paul Young_3
Frequent Advisor

Thank you,

I though about this on the weekend and did a bit more research and was thinking that this might be the case.

I'll just set the OS partition I think and do the other partitions via the OS install as you have suggested.

Thanks
why?