ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1753974 Members
7074 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP Upgrade 6.0.2 -> Insight Control Server Deployment 6.n.n?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Business Continuity Ser
Occasional Contributor

RDP Upgrade 6.0.2 -> Insight Control Server Deployment 6.n.n?

Currently running 6.0.2 successfully but need to add support for latest Proliant models G7's & G8's etc.

I've had bad experience before upgrading RDP.

Could anyone give me advice on either how to add G7 & G8 support to current version or whether an upgrade to Insight Control is feasable & if so to which version 6.1.0 or 6.1.1 or 6.2.0 from RDP 6.0.2?

Thanks.

Al
4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP Upgrade 6.0.2 -> Insight Control Server Deployment 6.n.n?

To add G7 support theoritcally you only need to add the G7 drivers to your automtaion enviroments and copy them over to the relevant OEM folders under hpfeatures but i would recommed getting the latest insight control dvd as it include an update to the altiris console itself as far as i remember.
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Business Continuity Ser
Occasional Contributor

Whats is the recommended upgrade path from 6.0.2?

Which Insight version can I upgrade to?

Anyone done it successfully? Any learnings to share?

Thanks.
Jase4772
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi,

I've just upgraded a test box to the ICE 6.2 DVD and I'm now on v6.9 (build 453) SP4 which I'm assuming is the latest release although I've seen mention of Hotfix 2.

It seemed to go okay although there's no example scripts for Proliant Support Packs or a Tools menu option for the Integration Module so I'm guessing that's just gone.

After the upgrade it hadn't addded any new drivers for networking as I had to manually add a DL360 G5's drivers to get one to boot to WinPE which I thought was bizzarre! Think a clean install might be my next approach before looking at the production box.

All this to allow BL460c G7's and W2K8 R2 to work!

Business Continuity Ser
Occasional Contributor

Any chance someone could give me step by step instructions on how to add he G7 & G8 driver support to thsi version of RDP? Or point me to a guide that will show me the way to go?

Thanks.

Al