108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RDP licences

SOLVED
Go to solution
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

RDP licences

I am needing to consollidate and upgrade my RDP Licences, I used to do this with altiris, they are now telling me that HP handle the licencing.

I have had a look around and am struggling to find whom or where I need to contact to get this done.

Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: RDP licences

Yeah tricky one. I know what you are trying to do and Altiris are playing by the book. Its a HP resold product so Altiris are pushing you back to HP. And I cant think of anyone at HP UK off the top of my head who can easily push this thru for you.
Can you clarify what you are actually trying to do?
And does your RDP server only have licenses purchased for servers and the licenses purchased from HP?
I wondering if Altiris are missing an "upgrade" sell here.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor
Solution

Actually try this

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/00000209.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Or

Hewlett-Packard License Center for Europe/Africa:
Phone: (+31-55-543-4642)
Fax: (+31-55-543-4645)
Hours of operation: 9:00 to 18:00 CET
Europe_password@cnd.hp.com
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

Hi Adrian,

Many thanks for the prompt reply, basically what I am trying to do is as follows.

We have an old RDP server (v3.1) which has 2 licences making up 147 nodes. We run in parallel a new RDP server (v3.82) which currently has a licence for 87 nodes.

What I would like to do is take the 2 licence files for 3.1 and the 1 licence file from 3.82, consolidate them and upgrade them so that they are all valid on v3.82.

As mentioned before the process of doing this, was to put together a list of all the licences we bought from HP, e mail them off to Altiris who then would send a single licence file back.

HP is sending me to Altiris, and Altiris have sent me back to HP.
fluidville
Frequent Advisor

Adrian,

think you sent through your second response as I sent my reply, but yeah think webware would now seem to be the place relating to all things licences.

I will take up with these guys and see I get on.

Many thanks for your time